- Initiation of new teams within the institute based on in vivo research and experimental as well as analytical support.
- Development of new in vivo screening techniques (acute and chronic disease models, non-invasive imaging techniques).
- Experimental design and data analysis for manuscript submissions and grant applications.
- Development of new mouse KO strains in collaboration with the CCCMG.
- Experimental and analytical support regarding mouse work to labs who lack in vivo experience.
- Completion and further development of ongoing experiments based on resource lab’s in vivo experience.
- Support for junior faculty with no in vivo resources.
Key Areas of Research
- Intravital and non invasive whole animal imaging
- Drug dissemination/location screens
- Acute and chronic infectious screens
- Acute and chronic inflammatory screens
- Murine models of human chronic diseases
- Metabolic screens
- Ryes J.L. et al., FASEB J 2019 Jan22 (macrophage assoc. colitis including whole body imaging)
- Zeng Z. et al., Nat Immunol. 2018 Oct;19(10) (Ab assoc. protection from bact. infection including whole body imaging)
- Andonegui G. et al., JCI Insight 2018 May 3;3(9) (sepsis assoc. brain damage including whole body imaging)
- Kim J.H. et al., Nat Immunol. 2018 Feb;19(2) (lung inflammation and arthritis model)
- Ramachandran R. et al., Mol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr;91(4) (intravital drug screen)
- Leung G. et al., Mol. Med. 2015 Dec 9. (GI inflammation including whole body imaging)
- Lopes F. et al., Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Aug 28. (arthritis model)
- Dal-Secco D. et al., J Exp Med. 2015 Apr 6;212(4). (liver inflammation)
- Halverson T.W. et al., PLoS Pathog. 2015 Jan 15;11(1). (bacterial skin infection)
- Prescott D. et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 Mar;19(3). (GI inflammation)
- Yipp B.G. D. et al., Nat Med. 2012 Sep;18(9). (bacterial skin infection)
Dr. Björn Petri
Scientific Director: Mouse Phenomics Resource Laboratory, Calvin, Phoebe and Joan Snyder Institute for Chronic Diseases Research Associate Professor Dept. Microbiology, Immunology & Infectious Diseases Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary
HSC 2868 (lab): 403.210.6538
HSC 2825 (office): 403.220.4562