PhD / MSc Comparative Pathology
Doctor Veterinary Medicine
MSc Animal Production
Preferred method of communication
Please contact the faculty member directly at the email or phone number listed above. If you are not able to reach them, the faculty assistant listed below may be able to help.
Research and teaching
- Innate epithelial defenses
My goals are directed toward understanding the antimicrobial and immunomodulatory capacity of endogenous cathelicidin and defensin peptides secreted in response to infectious diseases, including their effectiveness controlling pathogens and regulatory mechanisms in the mucosal innate immunity.
- Zoetis Award for Research Excellence to foster innovative research, on which the scientific advancement of the profession depends, by recognizing outstanding research and scholarly achievements in the field of veterinary medicine (2019)
- Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Supervision, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary (2018).
- Bachelor Health of Sciences (BHSc; O’Brien Centre Univ. of Calgary) Research Mentor Award for the exemplary contribution to the research mentorship of BHSc students (2018).
- University of Calgary Eyes High Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship (2017- 2020).