MD, PhD, FRCPC, Diplomat ABMM
Research and teaching
Dr. Church is dually trained as an Internist/Infectious Diseases specialist and Clinical Microbiologist. She has spent more than 25 years in clinical and laboratory practice. Dr. Church also has held an academic appointment with the University of Calgary throughout her career, and is a Professor, Departments of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary. She has published more than 300 peer-reviewed abstracts, manuscripts, chapters and review articles. Her applied research program is focused on the evaluation and development of new diagnostic procedures and tests, primarily molecular technologies for the detection and tracking of antibiotic resistant organisms. Basic studies are focused on understanding viral evolution in the gastrointestinal tract during HIV infection.
- 1972 Salmon Arm Rotary Club Scholarship - Academic Achievement
- 1972 Norman A. McKenzie Alumni Scholarship, UBC
- 1972 BC Teachers Federation Charleswood Memorial Scholarship
- 1972-74 Province of British Columbia Government Scholarships
- 1975-77 Province of British Columbia Government Bursaries