Brent W. Winston
Doctor of Medicine (with Distinction)
BSc (First Class Honors)
Preferred method of communication
Research and teaching
We are primarily interested in metabolomics in critical illness with a particular interest in ARDS, Sepsis and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- 2017 Research Snapshot Award at the SCCM Annual Meeting
- 2015 Professional Development Grant/Award to support training – “Learning how to apply LC-MS to critical care patients”, UCD, Davis California.
- 2013 Best Basic Science Poster (with Dr. Beata Mickiewicz) at the Critical Care Canada Forum, Toronto
- 2013 The Lung Association of Alberta and NWT Lifetime Membership for Rendering Extraordinary Service in Pursuit of the Objectives of the Association
- 2012 Canadian Lung Association Lifetime Membership for contributions made to the Lung Association
- 2004 AHFMR Scholar Award (Salary Support)
- 2003 Toronto Critical Care Conference, Oct. 2003, Best Adult Critical Care Poster
- 2002 Toronto Critical Care Conference, Oct. 2002, Best Adult Critical Care Poster.
- 1999 AHFMR Senior Clinical Investigator Award
- 1998 The Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation’s 1998 Joe Doupe Young Investigator’s Award
- 1996 Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Clinical Investigator
- 1996 Medical Research Council of Canada Scholarship
- 1994 Arrow Award presented by the Canadian Critical Care Society for the best original research by a young investigator at the RCPS Annual Meeting, September 1994.
- 1991 Medical Research Council of Canada Research Fellowship
- 1989 The Will Rogers Institute Pulmonary Research Fellowship
- 1984 The Percy H. Sprague Prize in Medicine
- 1981 Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (A.H.F.M.R.) Summer Studentship
- 1980 N.S.E.R.C. Summer Student Award
- 1979 University of Calgary Minor Academic Scholarship
- 1976 University Scholarship from the National Council of Jewish Women