Preferred method of communication
Research and teaching
Dr Arrieta's research studies the how the millions of microbes that inhabit an infant’s gut (the early-life gut microbiome) contributes to human health or disease. Her research program conducts clinical and experimental research, aiming to understand the mechanisms behind host-microbiome interactions.
- 11/2020 Peter Lougheed Research Award, Cumming School of Medicine
- 09/2020 Killam Emerging Research Leader Award, University of Calgary
- 11/2018 Peak Scholar Award, University of Calgary
- 11/2018 New Investigator Award, SickKids Foundation and CIHR.
- 07/2017 Calgary Top 40 Under 40, Avenue Magazine, Calgary.
- 09/2016 National Science Prize 2017, Costa Rica Ministry of Science and Technology
- 09/2010 President’s Doctoral Prize, University of Alberta
- 09/2009 President’s Doctoral Prize, University of Alberta
- 03/2009 Andrew Stewart Memorial Award, University of Alberta